- His full name is Narendra Damodardas Modi.
- He has been elected continuously 3 times as Chief Minister of Gujarat State.
- Some success achieved under Narendra Modi’s leadership:
– Gandhinagar is the Greenest Capital City in whole Asia.
– Surat is the fastest growing city in the world.
– Gujarat has become popular choice for business establishment.
– According to India Today 2005 report, Gujarat is the safest state as the Crime rate of it is 8.2 which is the least in India even after considering 2002 communal riots.
– Gujarat is having 2nd least crime against women among all Indian states.
– Gujarat state has been awarded as 2nd best state government in World by UN in year 2010.
– 10 years ago Gujarat had 50,000 crores loan from World Bank but today they have deposited 1 Lakh crore in World Bank.
– Gujarat state does have health card for animals.
- Modi writes poem in his leisure time just like shri atal vajpayee (former prime minister of India)
- Modi has written at least couple of books, the one I remember is “convenient action”
- Modi loves photography. Couple of years back he held a exhibition to showcase his photographs.
- Modi has got clean chit by all inquiries boards (including latest SIT) for 2002 communal riots.
- He is second most followed Indian leader on twitter after Shashi Tharoor.
- He has a personal staff of just three. None of his family member is in politics.
- He ordered the demolition of many Hindu temples that were built without proper government sanction. (Even when people sees him Pro-Hindu.)
- Even his image being created as non-secular, he is followed and admired by other religions including Muslims of his state.
- He speaks Gujarati, Hindi and English fluently
- On his visit to Japan in 2012 he gave his speech in Hindi – quite like AB Vajpayee did in UN.
- As a teenager Modi used to run a tea stall with his brother.
- During the Indo-Pak war in the mid sixties, even as a young boy, he volunteered to serve the soldiers in transit at railway stations.
- He is a fan and follower of Swami Vivekananda and his principles.
- His political style is influenced by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Few political leaders demand the all-consuming support and devotion of their followers likeNarendra Modi does. From his ‘chaiwala’ days to being the 16th Prime Minister of India, his journey has been marked with many interesting events and experiences – and knowing them makes one realize that Modi is more awe-inspiring than they previously thought.
1. Shinzo Abe, The Prime Minister of Japan follows only 4 people on Twitter, and Narendra Modi is one of them.
2. Cartoonist Ramesh Chandra wished to meet Modi on his visit to Olympic Park, Sydney, but could not have made it to the venue because of bad health. He put a request through a news anchor’s tweet, and guess what? Modi looked into matter himself and specially arranged to meet Chandra at the venue.
3. During his Japan visit in the capacity of Chief Minister of Gujarat (to talk about infrastructure projects and investments for Gujarat), Modi decided to travel via bullet train. A little Japanese girl who was sitting alone in the train came up to him and greeted him. What happened next is super awesome! Mr. Modi and the girl both played video games for the next 15-20 minutes.
4. As a child, Modi always wanted to become a sanyasi and was fascinated with sadhus, different forms of worship and meditation.
5. Modi has undertaken the largest mass outreach during his election campaign by travelling 3 lakh km addressing 25 states. Besides 1350 innovative 3D rallies and 437 public rallies has been addressed by him. It was covered in 8 months of the election campaign.
6. During 13 years of his tenure as the C.M of Gujarat he did not take a single holiday and kept his personal staff to as low as three, despite entitlement to a large entourage.
7. For years Modi used to burn his belongings or anything associated with him. This was his way to disconnect with the past.
8. Modi left his Vadnagar home for good in 1970. When he returned in 1975, he was dressed like a Sikh for fear of getting caught during the Emergency.
9. When he became the Gujarat chief minister in 2001, his mother told him, “Beta, kadi lanch na leis.” (Son, never take bribe.)
10. He auctioned whatever gifts and souvenirs he received during his visit to different places, and the proceeds were given to ‘Kanya Kelavani’ fund (girl child education fund) – an initiative very close to his heart.
11. Mr. Narendra Modi loves writing poem. He writes in Gujarati language and also has published some books written by him. He also love photography and had held an exhibition showing his collections of photographs clicked by him.
12. Modi was always fond of Hindutva philosophy. When he was a teenager, he went to Himalayas alone and stayed there for 2 years with Yogi Sadhus and learnt the philosophy of Hindutva.
13. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a patriot since childhood. During 1965 Indo-Pak war, he volunteered to serve the soldiers going in the war at the railway stations. He also served the flood affected people of Gujarat in 1967.
14. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has done a three month course in US on public relations and image management. This could be one reason behind his success in positioning himself as one of the most popular politician of the world.
15. Narendra Modi is a teetotaller. He doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke. He is a complete vegetarian.
16. Narendra Modi is the most Popular politician in India by huge distance. His Twitter account has more than 6 Million followers. He is the most popular Indian politician on Facebook and 8th most popular among all Indian celebrity on Twitter.
17. Yes! Narendra Modi is married. His parents arranged his marriage when he was a child, at 13 he was engaged and by 18 he got married. They spent very little time together and were soon estranged because Modi decided to pursue an itinerant life.
18. In many Interview he stated that he don’t sleep much. 5 hours is maximum duration he sleeps. He wake up by 5:30 in any case, irrespective of when he hits the bed.
19. We all are aware of Narendra Modi’s love for Technology. Every morning he log in to his system and read everything written about him or anything that matters to him. This way he could know for what he is being criticized or praised.
20. W know that Narendra Modi is choosy about his wardrobe collection, and recently we got to know that all his clothes are of one brand Jade Blue which is a Ahmedabad based textile company.